The Autodesk Exchange Apps store is going great guns now, averaging over 9000 unique visitors a week (and rising). We’re also seeing an increasing variety of apps available on the store. Nevertheless, our store manager is keen for more, more more …
Here is a list of some of the suggestions he’s come up with for app ideas:
- Simple Increment Tool: A simple tool which would increment objects tags or wherever incremental values are needed. This was a favorite suggestion from a recent Facebook survey.
- Google Doc Spreadsheet Integration: An app which would allow viewing/editing of an AutoCAD table in Google documents (spreadsheet). This would open up many collaboration opportunities.
- Stretch Reminder: A simple app which would remind a user to take a break from time to time to stretch and exercise.
- .NET Macro Recorder: A utility which would convert recorded macros to .NET code.
- Music Feed: Plug-in which could allow a user to manage music without leaving their Autodesk project through integration with one of the many streaming music services. (Ed: And automatically choose tracks to suit your mood depending on what AutoCAD commands you’re using .)
- Custom Help: A tool to share and compile commonly used commands/sysvar in a small office or team. This would replace CAD ‘cheat sheets’ and serve as an in-CAD wiki.
- Sketching/Designing in program: Simple sketching tools within AutoCAD, perhaps integrated with SketchBook Designer.
- Preview Handler for Outlook: Handler which would allow previews of DWG/DWF files attached to emails.
But I’m sure that you, dear reader, can come up with some even better ideas (and probably already have).
Wait … No … Don’t tell me!
Go ahead and submit your finished app to the Exchange store. It could be the start of a beautiful friendship . And if you’d like to check out more ideas or suggest some of your own, take a look at our Google Moderator group.