By Adam Nagy
I'm trying to access embedded database properties inside the Navisworks ActiveX control but I cannot find them. I tried the InwOaNode.Attributes() and GetGUIPropertyNode() but they do not seem to be listed there.
At the moment those properties are not available inside the ActiveX and .NET controls and inside Freedom.
Among other things, the Navisworks model consists of:
- A node hierarchy with attached attributes. This is static and is created when the model is first converted from CAD format.
- Property plugins which add dynamic properties. E.g. Datatools or COM Property plugins.
What you see depends on where you look.
- When you look at the properties window in Navisworks you see the combination of both these: (1 and 2)
- If you use the .NET API you’ll you see the combination of both these: (1 and 2)
- If you use the COM API to look directly at attributes on nodes you see just the static attributes: (1 only).
- If You use the COM API GetGUIPropertyNode (see VB examples) you’ll you see the combination of both these: (1 and 2)