By Adam Nagy
We are pleased to announce a significant enhancement to our Autodesk Developer Network (ADN) Support service. Apart from asking questions privately through DevHelp Online, you can now also ask your questions on the Autodesk Discussion Group (Autodesk Forums). Here is the API forums list that integrated with the DevHelp Online.
- AutoCAD® .NET
- AutoCAD® ObjectARX®
- AutoCAD® Civil 3D® Customization
- Autodesk® Inventor® Customization
- Autodesk® Navisworks® API
- Autodesk® Revit® API
- Autodesk® Vault Customization
- Autodesk Media and Entertainment > Autodesk 3ds® Max® > Programming
- Autodesk Media and Entertainment > Autodesk® Maya® > Programming
- Autodesk Media and Entertainment > Autodesk® FBX® > FBX SDK
- Autodesk Media and Entertainment > Autodesk® MotionBuilder® > Python
- Autodesk Media and Entertainment > Autodesk® MotionBuilder® > Open Reality
Many ADN partners already make extensive use of the Autodesk discussion forums – asking API questions on the forums as well as through DevHelp Online in order to benefit from the advice of as wide a range of experts as possible. But there is a problem with relying solely on a public forum for support - sometimes you don’t get an answer to your question. We’re fixing that problem by creating tighter integration between the Autodesk API forums and DevHelp Online (the ADN support portal).
From now on, if you ask a question on one of our managed Autodesk API public forums, you will benefit from the following enhanced support:
- Members of the ADN DevTech team can identify you as an ADN partner on the forum and prioritize answering your questions.
- If your question goes unanswered, it is automatically escalated to DevHelp Online to ensure it receives the attention it deserves.
- If you’re not happy with the answer you’ve received from one of your peers, you can escalate the question to DevHelp Online yourself.
If you’ve not used the Autodesk discussion forums before, we encourage you to give them a try. You may be surprised at the breadth and depth of knowledge freely given by the community. With these enhancements for ADN Standard and Professional partners, you no longer have to choose between asking Autodesk or asking your forum peers – now you can ask Autodesk and your forum peers in the same place.
And while you’re visiting the forum, why not browse around and contribute to some of the discussions.
Taking advantage of this new service is really easy. The account you already use to login to DevHelp Online will also allow you to login to the Autodesk forums. If you are an ADN member, please visit the ADN extranet for more detailed information on how to setup your forum account so that you are correctly recognized as an ADN member and benefit from this enhanced support.