This is a long time request: an easy way to create a Visual Studio project for Civil 3D using VB.NET or C#.
If you visit the AutoCAD Developer Center you’ll see some AutoCAD .NET Wizards for both VB.NET and C#, which is very powerful and can be customized. Some time ago I started by doing some templates for Revit, which still in use, so now I decided to try one for Civil 3D, and here it is.
- Create a simple project, nothing else;
- Configure all required references (AcMgd, AcCoreMgd, AcDbMgd, AecBaseMgd and AeccDbMgd) with respective reference paths;
- Debug settings ready;
- Create a basic PackageContents.xml with the basic required tags and attributes for Civil 3D;
- On build, copy all the files (DLL and XML) to a newly created folder under Application Plugins folder;
- On clean, remove the plugin folder from Application Plugins
- The path are hardcoded to 2015 release. If you are using a different version, you’ll need to open and change the paths and reference versions.
To use it, simple download the packages below and place under [My Documents]\Visual Studio 2012\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual Basic\ folder for VB.NET or [My Documents]\Visual Studio 2012\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\ folder for C#. Do not unzip the files.
With the template .ZIP file in place, you should see the following:
Tip: you can organize it better by creating a subfolder “Autodesk” and placing the ZIP at this location.
Finally, I will be using these template at the AU Russia next week, if you are attending, come and say ‘hi’.