Have an idea for how to augment Autodesk software? Have you already written but not published
a cool app that others might want to use? Do you have one in progress? APPHACK 2.0 @ Autodesk
University is a virtual code-fest to produce apps/plug-ins for these products using the following APIs:
|AutoCAD 2014||ObjectARX, .NET|
|BIM 360 Glue||REST|
The theme of the event is “Connecting Autodesk to the Cloud” – and this is open to creative
interpretation. Perhaps you can think of a way to wire our software into your favorite social
media network or make use of infinite cloud computing to carry out CPU-intensive tasks.
Or maybe you have a way to help users better visualize and share their ideas using a web browser.
Build a standalone app for an AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor or BIM 360 Glue product. Or build an app that
takes advantage of the integration capabilities of BIM 360 Glue with either of the 3 other products
families:AutoCAD, Revit and Inventor! It’s up to you. Subject to the Rules and Regulations, submit
something you’ve already written, finish up an app you already had in progress or write something
Do you love our products but you've never built an app before? No problem! Use our "My first plug in"
training series for tutorials that will walk you through the process. Need some inspiration? Check out
our exchange store to see some cool apps: https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com
Grand Prize: $5,000
Second Place: $2,000
Third Place: $1,000
- Travel expenses reimbursement up to $1000 for one team representative to do a live demo of the app in Las Vegas!
- A newly released tablet computer.
KEEP IN MIND
- The contest is open to any member of the Autodesk Developer Network (globally, all regions) and to any legal resident of the United States, (see the Rules and Regulations for detailed information). As a clarification, you don't need to be both an ADN member and a legal resident of the US to participate.
- All finalists must be able to present a live, in-person demo in Las Vegas on December2nd 2013
- Entries must NOT have been commercially available in the last 5 years.
- Apps must be compatible with at least one of the following product families: AutoCAD 2014, Revit 2014, Inventor 2014 and BIM 360 Glue
- Work by yourself, or with a team – only one prize per team, though.
- Each team may only submit one app
Contest runs from September 16th 2013 to December 2nd, 2013
September 16th, 2013 @ 12:01 AM US PST to October 18th @ 11:59
PM US PST
Register for Apphack 2.0 and submit an app proposal: Tell us about your team and
the app you plan to code or are coding. Be sure to see the guidelines for app entries below,
and keep the theme of Connecting Autodesk to the Cloud in mind!
10 teams will move on to round two. If you want to, you can start coding as soon as you
register! You don't need to wait until the finalists are announced. It pays off to be an early
2. Print, sign, and return the Competition Participation Agreement that will be
emailed to you after you sign up through the link above. REVIEW THE CONTEST
RULES AND REGULATIONS CAREFULLY!
October 23rd, 2013 @12:01 AM US PST to November 18th, 2013 @11:59 PM US PST
The 10 selected teams will:
1. Code (or finish coding) the app submitted in round one
2. Make a 5-min (or less) video that demonstrates the capabilities of the app/plug-in.
3. Upload your compiled app files and video as a .zip to the Buzzsaw repository (the 10 selected teams
will be given credentials via email).
5 finalist will be chosen
Final round: December 2nd 2013 @ 4:30 PM
If you’re selected as a finalist, perform a live demo of your app at Autodesk University in Las Vegas!
Competition Official Rules Please read the official rules for detailed
information on the contest!