The ADN blog posts yesterday were the result of the second year of our team's internal April Fools' Challenge, where we have a little friendly competition to see who can post the 'best' April Fools' article. Of course, different people like different kinds of humor, so there's never really just one 'best'. (We try to avoid posting serious articles on April 1st in case someone thinks we're joking when we're not, but one sometimes slips through due to timezone miscalculations).
In no particular order, here is a full list of our Foolish posts (along with the name and location of the perpetrator):
- Xiaodong Liang (China) - http://adndevblog.typepad.com/aec/2014/04/avr-glass-autodesk-virtual-reality-glass-in-the-age-of-cloud.html
- Adam Nagy (UK) - http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2014/04/william-as-honorary-autodesk-spokesperson.html
- Kevin Vandecar (US) - http://getcoreinterface.typepad.com/blog/2014/04/preparation-for-your-3ds-max-customers-cloud-storage.html
- Augusto Goncalves (Brazil) - http://adndevblog.typepad.com/infrastructure/2014/04/infraworks-360-public-pilot.html
- Daniel Du (China) - http://adndevblog.typepad.com/cloud_and_mobile/2014/04/autodesk-exchange-is-making-it-a-real-one.html
- Jeremy Tammik (Switzerland) - http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2014/04/automating-large-scale-waste-recycling-and-sustainability.html
- Cyrille Fauvel (France) - http://around-the-corner.typepad.com/adn/2014/04/3d-printing-second-industrial-revolution-is-under-way.html
- Partha Sarkar (India) - http://adndevblog.typepad.com/aec/2014/04/1-2-3-d-import-a-revit-family.html
- Brian Ekins (US) - http://modthemachine.typepad.com/my_weblog/2014/04/new-age-of-cad-interaction.html
- Stephen Preston (US) - http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2014/03/autodesk-announces-microsuites-1.html
And of course, I have to mention the post by Kean Walmsley - our longstanding Master of Fools.
Although, the Autodesk-related post yesterday that made me laugh the most was this one - http://designandmotion.net/autodesk/its-autodesks-turn-to-get-acquired-by-facebook/.